SOURCE: Washington Post
by Marcia Chatelain
Well-meaning liberals have long failed to recognize their own role in systems of oppression.
“We’ve been doing this kind of thing since the C.I.A. was created in 1947,” said Mr. Johnson, the dean of American intelligence scholars, who began his career in the 1970s investigating the C.I.A. as a staff member of the Senate’s Church Committee.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Eric Lohr
Americans are shocked Russia meddled in our election. But there's centuries of precedent – and, at times, it’s been the U.S. meddling.
What the Bush v. Gore studies showed
Here's a historical reminder that persistence sometimes pays.
- Why more places are abandoning Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Rudy Giuliani comparing impeachment to the Salem witch trials is a little right and a lot wrong, expert says
- U.N. Report Bolsters Theory That Hammarskjold Plane Was Downed
- Panama celebrates its black Christ, part of protest against colonialism and slavery
- Fundamentalism turns 100, a landmark for the Christian Right
- Labor Historian Staughton Lynd's Book Is Embraced by Google Workers and Uber Drivers
- Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy Dept
- Ginsburg predicts historians will call this political era an 'aberration'
- American Historical Association Announces 2019 Prize Winners
- A New History Celebrates Brooklyn’s Heights, and Depths Image