SOURCE: Los Angeles Review of Books
by Jeffrey Wasserstrom
What a historian found when he revisited the city in the wake of the Umbrella Movement.
SOURCE: The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus
by Ho-fung Hung
Recent opinion polls show that Hong Kong identity has been surging while Chinese identity has been fading among Hong Kong residents, particularly among youth.
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?