by David Carlin
In the 20th Century’s first genocide, Imperial Germany’s campaign of annihilation provided precedents for the racial ideologies and exterminatory tactics of the Holocaust.
by Erik Moshe
"We must be able to see and write about the humanity in both our heroes and villains."
Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
by Charles L. Geshekter
"If I were to single out two cohorts whose members disproportionately enhanced the exchanges in my classrooms, they would be military veterans and strong Christians."
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Glen Ncube
But it’s one that raises many questions.
by Pearl Duncan
It’s been said that one of the reasons the Ebola virus went out of control, undetected, is because so little attention is paid to Africa. Not only is little attention paid to issues in current Africa, but very little is known about African history.
SOURCE: Religion Dispatches
by Shannen Dee Williams
The controversy over NBC's live remake of "The Sound of Music," starring black actress Audra McDonald as the Mother Abbess.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Greg Grandin
Historical fact and the fiction of 'Benito Cereno.'
- How the US stole thousands of Native American children
- A history of selling out the Kurds, people with 'no friends but the mountains'
- 9 Landmark Supreme Court Cases That Shaped LGBTQ Rights in America
- A newspaper accused the president’s family of profiting from a foreign deal. The president sued.
- Here are the indigenous people Christopher Columbus and his men could not annihilate
- Serhii Plokhii on Ukraine’s Political Frontiers
- ‘Return to the Reich’ Review: Refugee Redux
- Black Perspectives Announces Online Forum Honoring the Life and Work of Dr. Rosalyn Terborg-Penn
- It was the nation’s largest auction of enslaved people. Now, a search for descendants of the ‘weeping time.’
- Historians Jon Meacham, Mark Summers, Keri Leigh Merritt, Michael Ross, Brenda Wineapple, and Benjamin Railton Featured in Article on Andrew Johnson and Impeachment