Spiritualism and Suspension Bridges: John Roebling and a Biographer's Sympathy for the Weird 19th Century
by Richard Haw
A biographer of Brooklyn Bridge designer John Roebling expected to write about a genius. He also ended up writing about a complete weirdo, and how one man could be both.
SOURCE: The New Scientist
Chinese engineers used an ice road to drag stones to build the Forbidden City.
- How the Welfare State Became the Neoliberal Order (Review)
- Ibram X. Kendi: 100 Most Influential of 2020
- Allegations of Racism have Marked Trump’s Presidency and Become Key Issue as Election Nears
- Capitalism Isn't Working Anymore. Here's How The Pandemic Could Change It Forever
- How the Black Vote Became a Monolith