SOURCE: Washington Post
Disgraced former House speaker Dennis Hastert’s name was trending on Twitter Saturday morning after President Trump suggested “Nancy Pelosi will go down as the absolute worst Speaker of the House in U.S. History!”
by Josh Zeitz
What can he learn from the ghosts of speakers past?
by Ron Elving
The speaker has far more power in the House than any one senator has in the Senate. And at times in our history, the speaker's power has rivaled that of the president himself.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by John Lawrence
Republicans are split on how to balance broad participation against the efficient functioning of the institution.
SOURCE: New York Times
Foley presided over the House from 1989 to 1994.
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?