Adjunct Professors Share Salaries and Working Conditions in a New Spreadsheet Created by Erin Bartram
The anonymous list, launched by historian Erin Bartram, has garnered about 250 entries so far.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
Thea Hunter was a promising, brilliant scholar. And then she got trapped in academia’s permanent underclass.
by Lawrence S. Wittner
An adjunct teaching a full-time load makes roughly $20,000. Robert Zimmer, president of the University of Chicago, makes $3.4 million.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Stacey Patton
The story of medievalist Melissa Bruninga-Matteau.
SOURCE: Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
by David Austin Walsh
The Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette profiles efforts to organize non-tenure-track faculty at the University of Illinois.
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance