SOURCE: Huffington Post
The measure is being praised as a “life-saving law” that has placed the state “on the right side of history.”
SOURCE: Wisconsin State Journal
One thing that’s not disputed about Frank Lloyd Wright’s father is this: He loved music.Long portrayed as a distant parent and meager breadwinner who abandoned the family when Frank was 17, the senior Wright emerges as a much different character — a cultured and exuberantly creative man who lived a life in music — in the new CD, “The Music of William C. Wright.”Produced by Oak Park, Ill., music historian and architecture fan David Patterson, the 72-minute CD features pieces composed by Frank Lloyd Wright’s father in a musical career that spanned the second half of the 19th century. Many of those years were spent in Wisconsin, including Madison and Frank’s birthplace of Richland Center...
- Trump Says the Kurds ‘Didn’t Help’ at Normandy. Here’s the History.
- Why more places are abandoning Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Rudy Giuliani comparing impeachment to the Salem witch trials is a little right and a lot wrong, expert says
- U.N. Report Bolsters Theory That Hammarskjold Plane Was Downed
- Panama celebrates its black Christ, part of protest against colonialism and slavery
- Labor Historian Staughton Lynd's Book Is Embraced by Google Workers and Uber Drivers
- Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy Dept
- Ginsburg predicts historians will call this political era an 'aberration'
- American Historical Association Announces 2019 Prize Winners
- A New History Celebrates Brooklyn’s Heights, and Depths Image