The Good Humor ice cream company joined forces with RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan to replace a standard jingle with roots in racist minstrel shows.
Like music itself, this spirit of resistance takes many shapes, but has never been silenced.
SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer
Remembering a Cultural Historian and Hip-Hop Scholar Whose ‘Spady School’ Reshaped the Lives of Penn Students
“He was committed to this idea of democratization of knowledge, and making it accessible to as many people as possible, not confining oneself to just teaching a course at a university.”
- Alabama's State Archives Confronts Its Racist Past
- Alumni Blitz for the Liberal Arts
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg had to Leave America to See how Unfairly it Treated Women
- “The White Man Who Stayed” Tells A Story Of Activism During The Civil Rights Era (audio)
- U.K. Conservation Society Details Links to Colonialism and Slavery