Historian Rebecca Spang's book "The Invention of the Restaurant" examines the French roots of dining out.
by Alison Owings
I wonder if – when – this viral horror is over, customers will have a new appreciation for the women, and men, who serve.
SOURCE: Politico Magazine
by Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II
Lawmakers will vote on the Raise the Wage Act, which would boost the minimum wage across the country to $15 an hour by 2024. This would be a crucial step toward the first federal minimum wage increase in more than a decade.
- Law Professor Criticized After Reading Racial Slur In Class
- Chicago 1968: Blood Outside the Arena (Reprinted from 8/28/1968)
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable