SOURCE: ABC News
Nation’s Deadliest Domestic Terrorist Inspiring New Generation Of Hate-Filled ‘Monsters,’ FBI Records Show
“A mass casualty event like the Oklahoma City bombing is … meant to provoke further violence," noted Kathleen Belew, a University of Chicago historian.
SOURCE: The Hill
by Tom Mockaitis
The time has come to stop mincing words about militias and other far-right extremist groups. They are at best-armed vigilantes and at worst domestic terrorists acting on behalf of a racist ideology
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Alaina E. Roberts
When Beto O’Rourke referred to the Tulsa massacre, he was correcting the record on racial violence.
The statement was endorsed by many other scholarly organizations.
SOURCE: The New York Times
August 4, 2019
by Kathleen Belew
Attacks like that in El Paso are not an end in themselves. They are a call to arms, toward something much more frightening.
by Eric V. Tait, Jr.
Much like today, in the early 1980s, people of color and the gains of the civil rights movement were increasingly under attack and many Americans wanted to “turn back the clock to an earlier era.”
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?