by Perry Greene
Nike dropped its Air Max USA 1 shoe after former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick worried that the “Betsy Ross” flag design harkens back to an era of black slavery and has been used by white nationalist groups.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
July 4, 2019
A rare female icon of the Revolutionary War, she is credited with creating the first American flag.
An American flag featuring a 13-star circle was at the epicenter of controversy after Nike decided to stop the release of a sneaker featuring the symbol.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Sneaker maker pulls Independence Day-themed shoe after NFL star raised concerns about symbolism
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Megan Kate Nelson
The multinational corporation dropped its “Lost Cause” ads after historians pushed back.
- Why Trump’s Blunt Appeals to Suburban Voters May Not Work
- How the Greensboro Four Sit-In Sparked a Movement
- 5 Vice Presidential Candidates Who Made History
- The Impact of White Evangelicals on U.S. Politics (Audio)
- Massachusetts Senators Form Panel To Suggest New State Seal, Which Would Replace Version Native Americans Call Racist