SOURCE: Washington Post
by Louis A. Ferleger
Government scientists made U.S. agriculture powerful, but Trump administration cuts could undermine it.
by Jared Levinson
Subsidies during the Great Depression and in the current trade war.
by William Lambers
On the anniversary of the end of the Civil War, it's worth remembering, as we read about other countries facing the challenge of national healing.
- New PBS Documentary on New York Gossip Columnist Walter Winchell
- Northam Calls for VMI Investigation after Black Cadets Describe Relentless Racism
- After Chicago 7 Trial, Mrs. Jean Fritz Helped Change the Course of History
- Despite Everything, People Still Have Weddings at ‘Plantation’ Sites
- Why Do Witches Ride Brooms? The History Behind the Legend
- John Brown And Abraham Lincoln: Divergent Paths In The Fight To End Slavery (audio)
- "White Supremacy" Once Meant David Duke and the Klan. Now it Refers to Much More
- A Look At The Long History Of Latino Republicans
- American Historical Association Announces 2020 Prize Winners
- How Saidiya Hartman Retells the History of Black Life