SOURCE: New Yorker
by Jane Mayer
Finally, someone who knows him very well told me, “Give up. You can look and look for something more in him, but it isn’t there. I wish I could tell you that there is some secret thing that he really believes in, but he doesn’t.”
SOURCE: NBC News
Sen. Mitch McConnell's great-great-grandfathers owned 14 slaves, bringing reparations issue close to home
No news articles were found in which McConnell has previously spoken of his ancestors being slave owners.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Ross K. Baker
Liberals don’t have to like McConnell, but they should recognize his skill.
by Ronald L. Feinman
The list includes liberals, conservatives and moderates.
SOURCE: Political Wire
“No longer will ‘blue slips’ be allowed to deny a nominee a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing and vote on confirmation.”
by Jesse Hicks
He received treatments as a child at FDR’s Warm Springs. But turned his back on the March of Dimes when they came calling.
by Manisha Sinha
When Sen. Mitch McConnell declared of Sen. Elizabeth Warren that "she was warned" and yet "she persisted," he sounded like a throwback to a time when conservatives sought to silence abolitionist women like the Grimke sisters, and before them the black woman abolitionist Maria Stewart, who dared to speak out against slavery.
- Boston Refused to Close Schools During the 1918 Flu. Then Children Began to Die
- Trump Won’t Win by Doubling-Down on his Racist Appeals but the Right’s Open Bigotry Comes at a Cost
- What to Stream: A Blazing Interview with Orson Welles By Richard Brody
- Trump’s Attack on the Postal Service Is a Threat to Democracy—and to Rural America
- Kamala Harris and the Growing Political Power of Black Women
- The Harvard Professor Who Told the World That Jesus Had a Wife (Review)
- For Black Suffragists, the Lens Was a Mighty Sword
- In Women’s Suffrage, a Spotlight for Unsung Pioneers
- A Powerful New Memorial To UVA’s Enslaved Workers Reclaims Lost Lives And Forgotten Narratives
- Unearthing New Histories of Black Appalachia (Review)