SOURCE: History channel
The short-lived operation used military-style tactics to remove Mexican immigrants—some of them American citizens—from the United States.
by Louis Hyman and Natasha Iskander
Operation Wetback didn’t merely enforce immigration law—it enforced the idea that American citizens are white.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
by Candida Moss
Donald Trump is far from the first to use forced migration as a political cudgel, but he may want to learn about how it has often backfired.
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?