SOURCE: New Yorker
Thousands of Herero people died in a genocide. Why are Herero skulls in the American Museum of Natural History?
It's a question people are only now getting around to asking.
SOURCE: Special to HNN
Edwin Black holds an international conference call to answer questions about his investigation of the German massacre of Herero blacks
by Martin Barillas
The call was precipitated by an article published on HNN: "Before Germans Slaughtered Jews They Slaughtered Africans."
- Why more places are abandoning Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Rudy Giuliani comparing impeachment to the Salem witch trials is a little right and a lot wrong, expert says
- U.N. Report Bolsters Theory That Hammarskjold Plane Was Downed
- Panama celebrates its black Christ, part of protest against colonialism and slavery
- Fundamentalism turns 100, a landmark for the Christian Right
- Labor Historian Staughton Lynd's Book Is Embraced by Google Workers and Uber Drivers
- Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy Dept
- Ginsburg predicts historians will call this political era an 'aberration'
- American Historical Association Announces 2019 Prize Winners
- A New History Celebrates Brooklyn’s Heights, and Depths Image