New Senator Tuberville Seems to Lack Basic Knowledge of World War IIBreaking News
tags: Senate, Alabama, World War 2, historical ignorance
Tommy Tuberville may have gotten an “A” from Alabama voters Tuesday night, but likely earned an “F” from history teachers.
Tuberville described how his father was a part of “liberating Paris from socialism and communism.”
Americans liberated France from German Nazis – facists, not socialists, nor communists.
It wasn’t his first “historic” gaffe. During the campaign, Jones criticized Tuberville for not knowing what the Voting Rights Act was.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat
- Charlottesville Inspired Biden to Run. Now It Has a Message for Him
- Biden Revokes Trump Report Promoting "Patriotic Education"
- How Tuskegee Airmen Fought Military Segregation With Nonviolent Action
- What the History of the Ku Klux Klan Can Teach Us about the Capitol Riot
- Reconstruction Era Expert On Why Politicians Use Terms Unity And Healing
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Drive May be Slow—But it’s Already Faster than Any in History
- Operation Desert Shirt