Virtual Conversation on the Future of Democracy: Yuval Levin, May 13Breaking News
tags: democracy, Library of Congress, Lectures
Please join us for the first of the Kluge Center’s virtual series: Conversations on the Future of Democracy.
The event will be at loc.gov/engage on May 13.
Yuval Levin, a distinguished scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, where he is the director of Social, Cultural, and Constitutional Studies, will be interviewed by Kluge Center Director John Haskell. Levin is also the editor-in-chief of National Affairs.
They will be discussing Levin's new book, A Time to Build, which is a fascinating look at the importance of formative institutions in society, their deterioration in recent decades, and practical steps to begin addressing the problem.
comments powered by Disqus
- Bob Murray, Who Fought Against Black Lung Regulations As A Coal Operator, Has Filed For Black Lung Benefits
- A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans
- An Appeal to the HNN Community: Help Longtime Supporter and Contributor Ron Steinman
- Washington History Seminar 10/2: Gambling with Armageddon: Nuclear Roulette from Hiroshima to the Cuban Missile Crisis, 1945-1962
- Smithsonian Taps N.Y. Cultural Director To Lead African American Museum
- With Evictions Looming, Cities Revisit a Housing Experiment From the ’70s (video)
- Stephen Wertheim's "Tomorrow the World: The Birth of US Global Supremacy" (video)
- Catholic University of America Presents Geraldo Cadava on "The Hispanic Republican"
- OAH Statement on White House Conference on American History
- The Joke’s on Us