Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy DeptHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Ukraine, Rick Perry
U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry recommended Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s administration talk with Daniel Yergin, a Pulitzer Prize winning energy historian, and Carlos Pascual, a former ambassador to Ukraine, on energy reforms, an U.S. Energy Department official said on Monday.
Perry also recommended Zelenskiy’s administration talk to industry experts including Texas businessmen Michael Bleyzer, a Ukrainian-American, and Robert Bensh, a frequent visitor to Ukraine, as well as unnamed Energy Department experts on a visit in May for the inauguration the Ukraine president, the official said on condition of anonymity.
Perry attended Zelenskiy’s inauguration as a last minute replacement for U.S. Vice President Mike Pence.
The visit has drawn scrutiny as Democrats in the U.S. House have requested documents related to Perry’s activities in Ukraine as part of their impeachment investigation of President Donald Trump. Perry himself has not been subpoenaed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alabama's State Archives Confronts Its Racist Past
- Alumni Blitz for the Liberal Arts
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg had to Leave America to See how Unfairly it Treated Women
- “The White Man Who Stayed” Tells A Story Of Activism During The Civil Rights Era (audio)
- U.K. Conservation Society Details Links to Colonialism and Slavery