Jeremy Corbyn vows to increase teaching of black history in schoolsBreaking News
tags: colonialism, Black History, Jeremy Corbyn
Jeremy Corbyn has announced proposals to increase the amount of black history taught in schools, along with the history of the British empire, colonialism and slavery.
A Labour government would improve the teaching of the subject, potentially including it in the national curriculum, party sources said.
Corbyn said it was vital for future generations of schoolchildren to understand the role that black Britons had played in the nation’s history and the struggle for racial equality.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Lock me up’: The last man to be arrested for defying Congress during an investigation
- Faith made Harriet Tubman fearless as she rescued slaves
- A Turkish dam is about to flood one of the oldest continuously settled places on Earth
- Soldiers got Medals of Honor for massacring Native Americans. This bill would take them away.
- UNC Will Give Silent Sam to a Confederate Group — Along With a $2.5-Million Trust