True scale of UK role in torture and rendition after 9/11 revealedBreaking News
tags: UK, 911, British intelligence
British intelligence agencies were involved in the torture and kidnap of terrorism suspects after 9/11, according to two reports by the parliamentary intelligence and security committee.
The reports published on Thursday amount to one of the most damning indictments of UK intelligence, revealing links to torture and rendition were much more widespread than previously reported.
While there was no evidence of officers directly carrying out physical mistreatment of detainees, the reports say the overseas agency MI6 and the domestic service MI5 were involved in hundreds of torture cases and scores of rendition cases.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Trump’s Blunt Appeals to Suburban Voters May Not Work
- How the Greensboro Four Sit-In Sparked a Movement
- 5 Vice Presidential Candidates Who Made History
- The Impact of White Evangelicals on U.S. Politics (Audio)
- Massachusetts Senators Form Panel To Suggest New State Seal, Which Would Replace Version Native Americans Call Racist