Condo built on Charleston's last slave trading wharf markets history — without mentioning slaveryBreaking News
tags: slavery, Charleston
Charleston's newest condominium development, The Gadsden, drips with references to history.
It's named for one of the city's most prominent 18th century residents, Christopher Gadsden, and it's being built on top of the wharf he built.
Its marketing materials even tout the wharf's size — the "largest built by one man in America."
comments powered by Disqus
- Alabama's State Archives Confronts Its Racist Past
- Alumni Blitz for the Liberal Arts
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg had to Leave America to See how Unfairly it Treated Women
- “The White Man Who Stayed” Tells A Story Of Activism During The Civil Rights Era (audio)
- U.K. Conservation Society Details Links to Colonialism and Slavery