Scrolls found inside statue of Buddha in NaraBreaking News
tags: Japan, Archeology, Buddhist Statue
A probe has found many scrolls and other artifacts inside a centuries-old statue of Buddha in the ancient Japanese capital of Nara.
It was previously known that the seated Monju Bosatsu statue at Hokkeji temple contained something inside, but no one knew what was actually there.
The statuette likely dates back more than 700 years.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alabama's State Archives Confronts Its Racist Past
- Alumni Blitz for the Liberal Arts
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg had to Leave America to See how Unfairly it Treated Women
- “The White Man Who Stayed” Tells A Story Of Activism During The Civil Rights Era (audio)
- U.K. Conservation Society Details Links to Colonialism and Slavery