"It's a race!" Will the UK or EU collapse first? What Norman Davies thinks.Historians in the News
tags: UK, EU, Brexit, Norman Davies
Norman Davies, a renowned historian, said that both the European Union and the United Kingdom will also eventually break up.
He said: “I’m pretty certain that Poland will last longer than the United Kingdom.
“Whether the European Union will, I’m not so sure.
“In a way, it has been a race to see who get into the deeper trouble first. It doesn’t look good for the United Kingdom.”
Host Adam Boulton asked whether the historian could see the United Kingdom eventually breaking up.
Mr Davies replied: “Everything will break up sooner or later.
“We were pretty close to it in the Scottish referendum, the tide has gone out a bit." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Boston Refused to Close Schools During the 1918 Flu. Then Children Began to Die
- Trump Won’t Win by Doubling-Down on his Racist Appeals but the Right’s Open Bigotry Comes at a Cost
- What to Stream: A Blazing Interview with Orson Welles By Richard Brody
- Trump’s Attack on the Postal Service Is a Threat to Democracy—and to Rural America
- Kamala Harris and the Growing Political Power of Black Women
- The Harvard Professor Who Told the World That Jesus Had a Wife (Review)
- For Black Suffragists, the Lens Was a Mighty Sword
- In Women’s Suffrage, a Spotlight for Unsung Pioneers
- A Powerful New Memorial To UVA’s Enslaved Workers Reclaims Lost Lives And Forgotten Narratives
- Unearthing New Histories of Black Appalachia (Review)