JFK files say rumors of CIA link to Oswald ‘unfounded’Breaking News
tags: conspiracy theories, JFK, FBI, CIA, National Archives, Lee Harvey Oswald, JFK assassination
Government documents newly released Friday regarding John F. Kennedy's assassination say allegations that Lee Harvey Oswald was connected to the CIA were "totally unfounded."
A 1975 CIA memo says a thorough search of agency records in and outside the United States was conducted to determine whether Oswald had been used by the agency or connected with it in "any conceivable way."
The memo said the search came up empty. The memo also said there was also no indication that any other U.S. agency used Oswald as a source or for recruitment.
comments powered by Disqus
- The New Order: Partisan Divisions and Public Higher Education
- Alabama's State Archives Confronts Its Racist Past
- Alumni Blitz for the Liberal Arts
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg had to Leave America to See how Unfairly it Treated Women
- “The White Man Who Stayed” Tells A Story Of Activism During The Civil Rights Era (audio)