Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years agoBreaking News
tags: religion, Christianity, Martin Luther, Protestant Reformation, Protestant
Five hundred years ago this month, Martin Luther set out to challenge his church and ended up starting what would become known as the Protestant Reformation.
On Oct. 31, 1517, Luther, then an Augustinian monk, theology professor and parish priest, published his 95 Theses, formally entitled “Disputation on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences.”
He was just 10 days shy of his 34th birthday.
comments powered by Disqus
- Law Professor Criticized After Reading Racial Slur In Class
- Chicago 1968: Blood Outside the Arena (Reprinted from 8/28/1968)
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable