Mike Pence on Confederate Statues: I'm "Someone Who Believes in More Monuments"Breaking News
tags: Mike Pence, Confederate Monuments
Vice President Mike Pence says state and local authorities should make decisions about Confederate statues, and he calls himself "someone who believes in more monuments, not less monuments."
As for the fate of Confederate statues at the U.S. Capitol, Pence says it's up to states to pick the figures represented.
He tells "Fox & Friends" that "what we have to walk away from is a desire by some to erase parts of our history just in the name of some contemporary political cause."
comments powered by Disqus
- Law Professor Criticized After Reading Racial Slur In Class
- Chicago 1968: Blood Outside the Arena (Reprinted from 8/28/1968)
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable