Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”Historians in the News
tags: Princeton, Trump, Harold James
World War Three is now a 'serious threat', a historian has warned
The possibility of World War Three breaking out is now a very “serious threat”, a prominent economic historian has warned.
Donald Trump’s election and the Brexit vote suggests people are losing faith in globalisation and it could result in a new world conflict, Harold James of Princeton University suggests.
“I think [a world war] is absolutely a serious threat,” he said in an interview with Sky News.
“In that sense I think the aftermath of 1907 is as interesting as the 1930s.
“Because after 1907 the foreign ministries, defence ministries, intelligence agencies started to operationalise information – to think that information was essential to the control of military events – and there was a kind of arms race in terms of communications control.
“And we’re seeing that kind of arms race at the moment I think.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- H.R. McMaster on Trump's White House and American National Security (Video)
- Trump's Praise of Robert E. Lee Gets Pushback from Minnesotans Proud of State's Role at Gettysburg
- Why The Supreme Court Ended Up With Nine Justices—And How That Could Change
- Black and White Polk Pastors Overcome Racism in Show of Forgiveness and Grace
- Robert S. Graetz, Rare White Minister to Back Bus Boycott, Dies at 92
- Look What Has Been Taken From Black Americans
- Watching “Watchmen” as a Descendant of the Tulsa Race Massacre
- The Harvard Community Reflects on the Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- TODAY: Eric Weitz "A World Divided: The Global Struggle for Human Rights in the Age of Nation-States"
- Russian Police Detain History Professor After Protest