VW asks historian to research role under Brazil dictatorshipHistorians in the News
tags: Volkswagen, Brazil, VW
German automaker Volkswagen AG says it has commissioned a historian to research its role during Brazil’s 1964-1985 military dictatorship.
Volkswagen has faced accusations that it collaborated with the military regime and drew up black lists on employees.
The company said in a statement Thursday that Christopher Kopper, a history professor at Bielefeld University in Germany, has been commissioned to “clarify” what role it played. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian Taps N.Y. Cultural Director To Lead African American Museum
- Unredacted FBI Document Sheds New Light on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
- America Is About to Enter its Years of Lead
- The forgotten alliance between Black activists and China
- Harry Reid on the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a Time for Major Change