VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to NazisBreaking News
tags: Nazi, VW
German carmaker Volkswagen will part ways with its corporate historian, the company announced Saturday, amid media reports that the split is because the researcher thought a recent report downplayed wartime ties to the Nazis.
Manfred Grieger agreed to the split, a VW spokesman said Saturday. He will be replaced as head of historical communication by archivist Ulrike Gutzman.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Danger Of Depoliticising Black Power Activism
- Trump Wants $5 Billion From TikTok Deal for History Project
- Donald Trump vs. the Ivy League: An Election-Year Battle
- How Jimi Hendrix, Racism and Grunge Intersect, 50 Years after the Guitarist’s Death
- Conservatives Are Already Whitewashing the Trump Years
- Capitalism Isn't Working Anymore. Here's How The Pandemic Could Change It Forever
- How the Black Vote Became a Monolith
- Dive Into John F. Kennedy’s Daily CIA Updates
- “Nationalism Will Run Roughshod Over Democracy”: What Can Nazi Germany Tell Us About Trump’s GOP? (Podcast)
- Stephen F. Cohen, Influential Historian of Russia, Dies at 81