Hong Kong museum commemorating Tiananmen massacre to closeBreaking News
tags: Hong Kong, Tiananmen Museum
After two years, the only museum on Chinese soil commemorating the Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989 will close Tuesday.
The June Fourth Museum is run by the Hong Kong Alliance, a pro-democracy group, which said Saturday the closure was due to pressure from the building's owners' committee.
The museum is housed in a 1,375 sq ft. space on the fifth floor of a commercial building in Hong Kong's Kowloon district.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alabama's State Archives Confronts Its Racist Past
- Alumni Blitz for the Liberal Arts
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg had to Leave America to See how Unfairly it Treated Women
- “The White Man Who Stayed” Tells A Story Of Activism During The Civil Rights Era (audio)
- U.K. Conservation Society Details Links to Colonialism and Slavery