UK sets up ‘Indiana Jones-style’ team to rescue historic sites from ISISBreaking News
tags: historic sites, ISIS, ISIL
Britain will set up a team of “rescue archaeologists,” mirroring the fictional archeologist Indiana Jones, to salvage historic site from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group, UK paper the Daily Mail reported.
A group of curators from the UK will travel to Iraq, Syria, and Libya where they will work with fellow curators there to identify any items that could be rescued.
Director of the British Museum Neil MacGregor said he is working with colleagues in Iraq to “establish a specialist corps of rescue archaeologists” in the embattled country.
comments powered by Disqus
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?