Citing historical inaccuracy, Egypt bans 'Exodus' filmBreaking News
tags: film, movies, Egypt, Exodus
It appears Egyptian leaders prefer to leave Exodus retellings to religious professionals.
Egypt has banned "Exodus: Gods and Kings," the latest biblical epic to hit theaters worldwide. Government officials from the country's Ministry of Culture determined the film was tainted by historical mistakes.
All told, said Culture Minister Gaber Asfour to Agence France-Presse, "It is a Zionist film," one that revises events to glorify the Jewish people. Asfour was particularly concerned by the film's claim that the Jews built the pyramids.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?