93-year-old 'Auschwitz guard' arrestedBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Guardian (UK), Nazism, Auschwitz, SS, Hans Lipschis
A 93-year-old man who was deported from the US for lying about his Nazi past was arrested by German authorities on Monday on allegations he served as an Auschwitz death camp guard, Stuttgart prosecutors said.
Hans Lipschis was taken into custody after authorities concluded there was "compelling evidence" he was involved in crimes at Auschwitz while posted there from 1941 to 1945, prosecutor Claudia Krauth said.
Lipschis has acknowledged being assigned to an SS guard unit at Auschwitz but maintains he only served as a cook and was not involved in any war crimes....
comments powered by Disqus
- Bob Murray, Who Fought Against Black Lung Regulations As A Coal Operator, Has Filed For Black Lung Benefits
- A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans
- An Appeal to the HNN Community: Help Longtime Supporter and Contributor Ron Steinman
- Washington History Seminar 10/2: Gambling with Armageddon: Nuclear Roulette from Hiroshima to the Cuban Missile Crisis, 1945-1962
- Smithsonian Taps N.Y. Cultural Director To Lead African American Museum
- With Evictions Looming, Cities Revisit a Housing Experiment From the ’70s (video)
- Stephen Wertheim's "Tomorrow the World: The Birth of US Global Supremacy" (video)
- Catholic University of America Presents Geraldo Cadava on "The Hispanic Republican"
- OAH Statement on White House Conference on American History
- The Joke’s on Us